Audition Schedule now posted!
Click on the Schedule for all the information. See you on stage!
Performers compete in shows in their perspective Council Districts. In the past, talents have ranged from piano solos to vocalists singing ranchera music to dance numbers.
This program is made possible by the generous corporate sponsorship of Time Warner Cable Co.
The shows are televised on Time Warner Cable’s On Demand Digital channel 988. This free local on demand channel focuses on arts and culture, local sports, events around San Antonio, education, and local government. The On Demand component of this channel allows customers to fast-forward, pause and rewind the program just like a DVD player.
The winners are!
The 2008 Our Part of Town finals winners are:
12 & under – First place – Sarah Centeno; 2nd place – William Mize; and third place – Amanda and Christian Garcia
13 – 19 – First place – Nicole Mauricio; 2nd place – Edwin Bates; and third place – Samantha Vargas
20 and Over – First place – Celeste Curiel & Daniel Wyman; 2nd place – Michelle Burnett; and third place – Anthony Salazar and Leyvia Garcia.
The show was held October 12 at the Jo Long Theater, Carver Cultural Center, 226 N. Hackberry.
For more information, call 207-3133.
*CDs only, no cassette tapes. No cassettes will be accepted at auditions, district shows or finals.
*Age categories for group entries will be determined by adding the ages of the participants so that the sum total of years can be divided by the number of participants in the group for an average age.
* Contestants must be in stage attire, provide their own accompanist, background music or props used in their act.
* No routines may be longer than 2 and 1/2 minutes.
* All judges’ decisions are final.
* Singers may not have lead voice on CD accompaniment.
* background tracks are permitted.
* No lip-synching will be permitted.
* Audition routines must be the same routine performed at talent show.
* The contestant’s age on the district talent show date will determine what age category he or she participates in.
* Birth certificates may be required upon request.
* Address verification may be required upon request.
For more information on Our Part of Town, call the Parks and Recreation Department Special Programs at 207-3133.