DATE: Thursday, July 23, 2009
TIME: 6 p.m. reception/silent auction
7 p.m. dinner
LOCATION: Westin Riverwalk Hotel
INFO: Call Nora Barron Frost at 210-722-2236 or e-mail
New officers for 2008-2009:
President: Dino Chiecchi
Vice president: Ernie Zuniga
Secretary: Nora Frost
Treasurer: Danny Sanchez
At-large communication: Kris Rodriguez
At-large print: Nora Lopez
At-large broadcast: Martha Tijerina
The San Antonio Association of Hispanic Journalists was established in October 1986. At the root of this dynamic organization is Hispanic journalists’ strong sense of pride in their professionalism and their cultural heritage. SAAHJ, through its unity and programs, has five specific objectives:
1. To organize and provide support for Hispanics involved in the gathering or dissemination of news.
2. To encourage and support the study and practice of journalism and communications by Hispanics.
3. To further and promote a fair treatment of Hispanics by the media.
4. To further the employment and career development of Hispanics in the media.
5. To foster a greater understanding of the cultural identity, interests and concerns shared by Hispanic media professionals.